August 18, 2009

idea, amazingness and tacky tuesday all in one

my friend j posted about her grandmother's gorgeous silver. seriously, this stuff is beautiful. well it gave me an idea....i was given my great grandmother's dishes about a year ago and j's post made me want to share.

the color is slightly awkward but those are the dishes. i love them. they are from the 20's and that's really all i know. they make a beautiful table - i used them at my birthday.

how amazing is this??

i got it last weekend. it's blue glass and it's from thailand and it's amazing.

speaking of last weekend....i went to the fabulous getty villa for the first time. it was so beautiful. if you are ever in los angeles you must go visit. it is an absolutely gorgeous museum and has some incredible art.

pitchers

minoan seal

gorgeous tiled fountain

view of the villa from the pool

and now for tacky tuesday.....drum roll please

ok so obviously this is tacky but what's even better is that you can purchase this shirt (and other wonderfully tacky ones) at sunshine and company.


maybe i will wear one with my kate gosselin wig for halloween. that would just be the tackiest of the tacky. in fact it might be too much.

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to go to the Getty Villa but haven't had a chance. Now I have plenty of time to go! I can't wait to check it out-looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl! LOVE your dishes. The best part is that you got them from your Grandmother. I love pieces with a story.

    I remember y'all showing me the Getty when I visited L.A. Maybe I'll get to visit soon. Today my Southwest plane stopped in L.A. for 20 minutes. I wanted to jump out so bad.

    ReplyDelete